Schrader Plumbing offers complete reliable water heater repair in Plano Texas, and maintains 5 star reviews across the DFW Metroplex. Hot water is a daily need, and when your water heater goes out, you want it repaired fast and effeciently. Call the Water Heater Professionals today, and get an upfront price on a repair done right the first time. 817-262-0989
Plano Texas Water Heater Repair
- How long does it take to install a new water heater? Most of the time, we can install or repair a water heater the same day, generally within a few hours. What comes into play, is the surrounding area, and any code violations. The city of Plano and State of Texas have laws and codes for your safety, and require that we make sure you are safe after the installation of a new water heater in Plano.
- How much is a water heater repair? This varies based on what is wrong with your current water heater, if it can be repaired, or needs replaced, and what kind of water heater you need. There are gas water heaters, electric water heaters, and tankless water heaters, and several sizes. Also, placement of your water heater determines price, if it’s in the attic, garage, or inside your home. We offer upfront pricing, so you will know what it will cost before we start the work.
- I need a water heater repair near me. We are proud to service the Plano Texas area, and are available for your water heater repair and installation needs.
- What is wrong with my water heater? One of our licensed plumbers will need to look at your water heater and assess the situation. There are several things that can be wrong with a water heater, from a pilot light being out, to a leaky tank, that needs to be replaced.
Our Water Heater Repair Experience
Schrader Plumbing has been repairing water heaters for over 20 years, and have a lot of experience diagnosing and repairing gas, electric, and tankless water heaters in the Plano area. You can rest assured, when our plumber comes out, you will get an honest assessment, and the best options available for repair. We work on residential and commercial water heaters and boilers, and have worked for home owners as well as large corporations, multi-family dwellings and more.
What is wrong with my water heater?
Without looking at your water heater, it is hard to tell. Here are some of the more common issues that we find with water heaters.
- Lack of hot water throughout the home This can be a number of things, but generally means the water heater is competely non-functional, or has been shut off. One of the things a homeowner can do, is look at the electric panel, if it’s electric and see if a breaker is tripped. If it’s gas, see if there is a pilot light going, or if you can hear it running. If there is power or gas at the unit, there is probably something more complex going on, and you should give us a call.
- Only getting warm water throughout the house This can happen for various reasons, a diptube within the water heater deteriorating, the burner not functioning at full capacity, or clogged/ rusted lines.
- Moisture or water on or around the water heater If you notice wet spots or even moisture around the top of the heater, on the pipes, or the base, your tank has leaks, and this can be dangerous. It is time to call a licensed plumber, and see what your options are. If the tank itself is leaking, it will more than likely need to be replaced, if the pipes are leaking, chances are they can be replaced.
- Water running through the T&P valve The T&P valve comes out of the side of the tank, and should run to outside your home. If you see water running out of the T&P valve, it is malfunctioning, and needs to be replaced immediately. It is there for safety reasons, and to keep the water heater from exploding, or flooding your home.