Slab Leak Repair in Keller Texas
The Keller plumbers at Schrader Plumbing have over 20 years of experience locating, and repairing slab leaks in homes in Keller Texas. Slab leaks are no joke, and if you have one, damage can be occurring by the minute, with water or raw sewage leaking underneath your home, and causing the soil and foundation to shift, and cause thousands of dollars worth of damage before you even notice it.
What are the signs of a slab leak?
There are a few signs that give away slab leaks in your home, including:
Hot spots on the floor
If you notice a hot spot on your floor, there is a great chance that you have a hot water slab leak, and it’s significant enough to pass heat through a slab of concrete. What you don’t see is the water under the slab, wreaking havoc. Eventually a moldy smell will emerge, and water will flow out from the sides of the foundation.
Cracks in the walls or floors
By the time you see cracks in the walls or floors, enough soil erosion has happened to cause the house to start shifting, and crack the concrete slab and/or walls. It’s important to have a slab leak test done immediately, to see what can be done.
Moldy or sewer smell coming from the slab
Both water and sewer slab leaks can emit a moldy smell, but a sewer slab leak can send out a raw sewage smell, and this can become a health hazard if not treated. “Static Tests” can be done on the sewer system to see if it has been compromised.
Water running even though all water faucets are turned off
If you continue to hear water running even after all faucets are turned off, there is a leak somewhere, and if you can’t find it, chances are it could be under the slab. Go to your water meter and see if it’s spinning when all faucets are turned off, and if so, there is a leak somewhere. Call your Keller Plumbers Schrader Plumbing to further assess the situation.
High water bills
If you are getting extremely high water bills, and cannot explain them, you could have a slab leak. A professional from Schrader Plumbing can come out and perform a test on your home in Keller to see if you have a slab leak, or a leak of some other kind, and give you options to take care of the problem.
Your home is a big investment, don’t gamble with it’s well being. Water and sewer slab leaks can cause serious damage fast. The Keller plumbers at Schrader Plumbing are trained and experienced to detect, locate, and repair slab leaks efficiently, and promptly.
What can I expect from my Keller Plumber from Schrader Plumbing?
- When you call Schrader Plumbing, you will talk to a friendly, experienced professional, that will listen to what you have to say, and set an appointment that is convenient to you.
- Once your plumber arrives, they will put on shoe coverings to protect your home, and ask what you are experiencing. What you have to say means a lot in the assessment of your situation.
- The plumber will then perform tests, based on what you have been experiencing, and find out exactly what the issue is.
- Once the plumber has determined the problem, and what needs to be done, they will communicate the problem, and options to repair it. We always try to offer the least evasive repairs possible in slab leaks, if possible, re-routing the line, so the least amount of damage is done to your slab and flooring. This is not always possible, but we will always offer the best options.
- The repair of the slab leak can take various forms, tunneling under the home, accessing the leak through the slab, or re-routing through the wall. Our plumbers take great care to protect your home, including keeping the area clean, taking care around your furniture and keeping your health in mind. We always strive to leave a work area cleaner than we found it.
If you think you have a slab leak in Keller Texas, call the plumbing professionals in Keller Texas and find out what your options are. Don’t wait until severe damage has been done. Ask about our tunneling option.